Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mermaids, Martinis & MAC!




On a dark and snowy evening in March, there was a bright spot shining on Fifth Avenue! When the talented public relations Vice President at MAC Cosmetics called me about hosting a party at their new flagship on Fifth, I was pretty excited!  I have loved the brand for many years and was really jazzed about celebrating their new line "Archie's Girls", hot off the shelves. We thought it was the perfect moment to host a night of makeovers, martinis, and entertaining styles to welcome Spring.


Over 100 guests braved the weather for our Spring soiree. And, reviews have shown they were not disappointed!  At the party, each guest received a custom bookmark along with a copy of my book, "Mermaids & Martinis" that featured my favorite entertaining rules, top MAC makeover tips, and cocktail recipes  based on the drinks served that evening.  The best part?  Guests were invited to mix their very own cocktails (with the help of the bartenders) all of which were inspired by Spring: A Plum Basil Gimlet, Strawberry Coriander, Blood Orange and of course, a classic Dirty Martini with stuffed olives.


The event was catered by renowned Chef, Olivier Cheng and the menu selections were inspired by my 'Rule of Fin' to always serve something savory, something sweet and something vegetarian at an event.


Guests dined on truffled shrimp tacos, mini chicken Caesar salad Napoleons, wild mushroom arancinis with fontina, lobster mango skewers and a dessert tray that included espresso cream puffs, pear tartlets and flourless chocolate cake with bacon caramel.


Of course, the stars of the show were the makeovers given by the incredibly talented team of MAC artists!  Everyone walked in ready for a party - and walked out ready for the runway. Or, at least a hot date!



I worked with my favorite tabletop brand, Christofle, to set a table at the event.  I thought it would be fun to mock up a dinner party for my "favorite Mermaids" as if I were having them over to my apartment.  I used MAC lipsticks as "candles" and pulled a few different pairs of lashes from MAC's awesome lash bar to create place cards where guests names were written in "lipstick" on the back.







A huge thank-you to Catherine Bomboy Dougherty, Petrina Goldman, Laethe Coleman, Katherine Gallagher, Olivier Cheng, Art by Bradley, Bott & Co. and the entire team at MAC.  I didn't think it was possible, but Fifth Avenue just became even more fantastic thanks to the addition of this beautiful spot.


Goodnight Winter, hello Spring!

XO


1 comment:

shopify said...

Shopifyninja is your trusted custom shopify theme development company with advanced infrastructure to help people with enigmatic digital solutions