Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gypsies & Desert Moons

I love when something small inspires me to host a party.  Like a postcard or a book. 

I feverishly snatched up this book "Gypset", published by Assouline, when I saw it marked down at Saks on the top floor. The styles are seductive whether you love a bohemian look or not.  Think squash blossom turquoise necklaces, flowing pants and scarfs in the hair.



I gave a copy to my mom (she named her dog Gypsy!) because she was a former boho-chic kind of girl, but also, I knew she would find inspiration for decorating her home in the book.

I can't wait to invite friends to arrive in their own version of a Gypset style to the party.  I've already ordered little gold bell anklets to pass out to the ladies at the door and am working on a recipe for a "Desert Moon" cocktail.  

Until then, let's keep the free spirit in our souls, Mermaids. xo

No comments: