Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Omega.

A few years ago I worked at a health magazine and we hosted the first-ever Yoga festival in Central Park.  At the time I wasn't really into Yoga but was soon turned on to the idea of 'practicing' a form of excercise to quiet a noisy mind.

I recently visited this beautiful little spot, the Omega Institute, in Rhinebeck, New York for a mini yoga retreat.  (http://eomega.org/)  I stayed in rustic accomodations (true dorm-room style) the entire "campus" is on a beautiful  lake and features a meditation temple. And, a really great bookstore--I picked up these cards because I loved their messages. Especially "Don't believe everything you think." 


 
Only a short train ride from NYC, you can kayak, canoe, do yoga or just do nothing.  A great weekend getaway and a wonderful way to get the noise out of your head. And, there are really great hammocks. So bring a book. Or, don't.
  
 xo

No comments: